To import tactics all at once, follow these steps:
To import the tactics, you will first need to create a properly formatted excel spreadsheet. In order for the excel document to be compatible with Rova software it will need to have the following columns:
- Name – The name of the tactic should be detailed enough for anyone to understand what the tactic entails and is meant to affect. This will enable someone other than the writer to correctly assign measurements to the tactic based on just its name.
- Description – The description is the fleshed-out tactic and all of its components.
Note: If you have a deployment date, budget and/or tags column with data, Rova software will pull in that information as well. Be sure to follow the importing guidelines for header formatting, etc. to ensure uploading success.
Once you’ve formatted your excel doc, you are ready to import the tactics into Rova software:
- Open the Plan you wish to add tactics to.
- Click on Tactics in the left navigation.
- Once you’ve clicked tactics, you will be directed to the Tactics screen. Locate the Import button in the upper right-hand corner. Click the button.
- After you’ve clicked on Import, you will be redirected to the Tactic Import screen. This screen will show you the importing guidelines and upload requirements. When you’re ready to import, you may either drag and drop the file or click Select File and choose your file.
- Once you’ve selected your file, your import will begin but will not be final. On the next screen, you will see each tactic listed. If there are any errors, they will appear with a red error message indicating what is wrong/missing or if it is a duplicate. If a tactic passed the upload requirements, there will be a check mark next to it. If you need to delete any tactics, click on the individual tactic’s green ‘X’ button. Once every tactic passes, a green Import button will appear in the top right-hand corner. When you are ready, click the button. Your tactics will upload and you will be redirected back to the Tactics screen.